Question DVD/Blu-Ray playback issues on AMD Ryzen setup

May 21, 2019
Hi,
I have replaced my core2quad setup with a Ryzen 3 setup for our media PC.
I am running Gigabyte B450M DS3H motherboard, AMD Ryzen 3 1200 CPU, 8GB RAM, Lite-on iHOS104 Blu-Ray drive and an Nvidia Geforce GT 710 gfx card, Windows 10.
When I was running the core2quad with the same GFX card and BD, DVD and Blu-ray playback was fine through PowerDVD 18. Now, they are totally unwatchable, the video skips several frames at once, and the audio skips almost as bad. I updated the firmware on the BD to the latest, but this did not help.
I tried updating the motherboard drivers with no improvement, I also checked the BIOS version.
I then had the idea to try again with the BD connected to an old SATA 2 controller. Both Blu-Rays and DVDs play back almost perfectly. I am wondering if the BD is just too old to be fully compatible with my new motherboard, but before I buy a new one, does any one else have any ideas?
I have been in contact with Cyberlink, and I haven't been able to get anywhere with them, but my system does pass their compatibility test.

Thanks...

May 21, 2019
I have all the latest drivers from Gigabyte and Nidia, there aren't any for the BD.
I did try a "reset" in Windows which is supposed to clear out everything apart from my docs etc, but haven't tried a bare metal re-install.

May 21, 2019
I tried Potplayer, and it couldn't play a dvd with the onboard SATA controller, but seemed o.k with the PCI express SATA 2 controller.
I will try a fresh install of Windows when I can.

May 21, 2019
Reinstalled Windows this afternoon, installed the Gigabyte drivers and DVD playback still doesn't work with Potplayer, Power DVD, and Win DVD. I am thinking my Bluray drive is just not compatible...

May 21, 2019
It is sitting at about 8% when playing dvd, and 14% when playing Bluray. I have just found the Bluray playback is fine now, so it is just dvd playback on the onboard sata controller which doesn't work.