DVD BURNER + & - HELP NEEDED

Mandy

IVE HAD A NEW BURNER INSTALLED INTO PACKARD BELL PC ITS NOW A + AND - BURNER
IT WORKED WITH BOTH, BUT NOW WILL BURN TO BOTH BUT WITH THE MINUS DISKS IT
COPIES AND WILL PLAY ON PC BUT NOT ON ANY OF MY HOUSE DVD PLAYERS IT SAYS
EITHER DISK IS DIRTY OR SAYS NO DISK, IVE REINSTALLED DEVICE BUT STILL SAYING
THE SAME, HAS ANYONE GOT ANY IDEAS? PLEASE.

MANDY wrote:
> IVE HAD A NEW BURNER INSTALLED INTO PACKARD BELL PC ITS NOW A + AND -
> BURNER IT WORKED WITH BOTH, BUT NOW WILL BURN TO BOTH BUT WITH THE
> MINUS DISKS IT COPIES AND WILL PLAY ON PC BUT NOT ON ANY OF MY HOUSE
> DVD PLAYERS IT SAYS EITHER DISK IS DIRTY OR SAYS NO DISK, IVE
> REINSTALLED DEVICE BUT STILL SAYING THE SAME, HAS ANYONE GOT ANY
> IDEAS? PLEASE.

Hi - when you post, please type without using all caps (it's hard to read
and is considered "shouting") and use proper English - what's a "minus
disk"?

You may not be able to burn a DVD with your burner/software and play it on a
DVD player. The DVD standards may be different. Contact the software mfr.
for help.

MANDY wrote:
> IVE HAD A NEW BURNER INSTALLED INTO PACKARD BELL PC ITS NOW A + AND - BURNER
> IT WORKED WITH BOTH, BUT NOW WILL BURN TO BOTH BUT WITH THE MINUS DISKS IT
> COPIES AND WILL PLAY ON PC BUT NOT ON ANY OF MY HOUSE DVD PLAYERS IT SAYS
> EITHER DISK IS DIRTY OR SAYS NO DISK, IVE REINSTALLED DEVICE BUT STILL SAYING
> THE SAME, HAS ANYONE GOT ANY IDEAS? PLEASE.

Some DVD players may not play burned disks at all. Others will play "+"
but not "-" and vice-versa. For example, I have a Toshiba that's about 4
years old that will play "-" but not "+." Since this particular player
predates the widespread use of burned DVDs, there's nothing in the
documentation about it. Try both formats--one will probably work if the
DVDs have been properly burned.

Mandy

Thanks for your reply.
It has only just started doing this recently, but i used the same dvd and
burner with no problems on either "+" or "-" before, I realy dont understand
why it is coping but not able to now play on home dvd player.

"Raymond J. Johnson Jr." wrote:

> MANDY wrote:
> > IVE HAD A NEW BURNER INSTALLED INTO PACKARD BELL PC ITS NOW A + AND - BURNER
> > IT WORKED WITH BOTH, BUT NOW WILL BURN TO BOTH BUT WITH THE MINUS DISKS IT
> > COPIES AND WILL PLAY ON PC BUT NOT ON ANY OF MY HOUSE DVD PLAYERS IT SAYS
> > EITHER DISK IS DIRTY OR SAYS NO DISK, IVE REINSTALLED DEVICE BUT STILL SAYING
> > THE SAME, HAS ANYONE GOT ANY IDEAS? PLEASE.
>
> Some DVD players may not play burned disks at all. Others will play "+"
> but not "-" and vice-versa. For example, I have a Toshiba that's about 4
> years old that will play "-" but not "+." Since this particular player
> predates the widespread use of burned DVDs, there's nothing in the
> documentation about it. Try both formats--one will probably work if the
> DVDs have been properly burned.

Please turn off your Caps Lock key. It's considered shouting, is extremely
rude and makes the posting difficult to read.

Find the manuals of your stand alone players. What format(s) are they
supposed to be able to read? If you have lost the manuals, you can check at
www.videohelp.com
www.coribright.com

"MANDY" <MANDY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> IVE HAD A NEW BURNER INSTALLED INTO PACKARD BELL PC ITS NOW A + AND -
> BURNER
> IT WORKED WITH BOTH, BUT NOW WILL BURN TO BOTH BUT WITH THE MINUS DISKS IT
> COPIES AND WILL PLAY ON PC BUT NOT ON ANY OF MY HOUSE DVD PLAYERS IT SAYS
> EITHER DISK IS DIRTY OR SAYS NO DISK, IVE REINSTALLED DEVICE BUT STILL
> SAYING
> THE SAME, HAS ANYONE GOT ANY IDEAS? PLEASE.

Mandy

Hi,
It's the first time I have used this forum, I didnt know caps were
considered as extremely rude, I will consult PC World to sort this problem
out. I'm very offened by some BUT not all of the responses, saying about
using proper english, and being extremely rude. It would have been far nicer
to have just explained about cap locks, instead of making it look as if it
was done on purpose.

MANDY

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Please turn off your Caps Lock key. It's considered shouting, is extremely
> rude and makes the posting difficult to read.
>
> Find the manuals of your stand alone players. What format(s) are they
> supposed to be able to read? If you have lost the manuals, you can check at
> www.videohelp.com
> www.coribright.com
>
> "MANDY" <MANDY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > IVE HAD A NEW BURNER INSTALLED INTO PACKARD BELL PC ITS NOW A + AND -
> > BURNER
> > IT WORKED WITH BOTH, BUT NOW WILL BURN TO BOTH BUT WITH THE MINUS DISKS IT
> > COPIES AND WILL PLAY ON PC BUT NOT ON ANY OF MY HOUSE DVD PLAYERS IT SAYS
> > EITHER DISK IS DIRTY OR SAYS NO DISK, IVE REINSTALLED DEVICE BUT STILL
> > SAYING
> > THE SAME, HAS ANYONE GOT ANY IDEAS? PLEASE.

Sam

Sometime on, or about Sat, 27 Nov 2004 11:39:03 -0800, MANDY wrote:

> Hi,
> It's the first time I have used this forum, I didnt know caps were
> considered as extremely rude, I will consult PC World to sort this problem
> out. I'm very offened by some BUT not all of the responses, saying about
> using proper english, and being extremely rude. It would have been far nicer
> to have just explained about cap locks, instead of making it look as if it
> was done on purpose.
>
> MANDY

The responses about the caps-lock were just trying to help you get
is considered rude and akin to shouting, no matter what forum you post in
on the Internet, not just here.

Sam
--
To mail me, please get rid of the BS first

What type of file are you trying to copy and play. What format are you using
on the disk.
What is on the disk that you are trying to get to play in your home rig..?

MANDY wrote:
> Hi,
> It's the first time I have used this forum, I didnt know caps were
> considered as extremely rude, I will consult PC World to sort this
> problem out. I'm very offened by some BUT not all of the responses,
> saying about using proper english, and being extremely rude. It would
> have been far nicer to have just explained about cap locks, instead
> of making it look as if it was done on purpose.

Nobody thought you were doing it on purpose. You do need to learn to post
properly if you want to get help in any newsgroup. It will be to your
benefit if you write clearly.