DVD burner - Nero - Illegal disc - will not burn....

fugo

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2006
Hi, i hawe problem with my CD/DVD burner NEC ND3500AG when i want burn DVD my burner, NERO just wrote Illegal Disc in F:NEC etc.... next line is Could not perform start of Disc-at-once and last is Burn process failed...... in first i hawe changed media from BENQ to Imation problem still, but with some printable Verbatim it´s work.. CDs work, even reading of DVD is ok... where can be problem ??? burned so far cca 300-400 DVD in 2years...

bacis

Distinguished
May 29, 2005
hi.
since your drive is working o with other media then is the media you must change.
propably the media are too new and your drive needs firmware update to burn these media.
i have a nec burner for 4 years i have burn 1000+ dvd without problems.
but i have update many times the frimware.
http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_all.php

TPLAT

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
Like already mentioned it most likely a media problem, you have an older drive with newer media, especialy with the newer dvd media on the market an older dvd burner your likely to run into problems. If your in the U.S. you can get a new Samsung SH 182 for about $40.00 delivered from www.newegg.com and I would stick with Verbatim media, its the only media made in Taiwan that is worth buying, the rest in my opinion is low quality crap that doesnt last long or have good burn reliability, when it comes to media you get what you pay for.

fugo

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2006
Thanx manyMANY times.... the Firmware was the problem, afther 2.1A and 2.1B is buning without problems....... T H A N X