DVD burners

Does anyone have any experience and/or comments on I/O Magic 8x DVD burners?
Do you know who makes them?

TIA,

Wayne

I purchased one of these about two months ago. It is quick at reading and
writing both CDs and DVDs. It comes bundled with Roxio burning and video
creation software. I'm happy with it so far.

I have been unable to remove the region coding, but you may not be
interested in this.

BTW, this is a *single* layer burner that holds 4.7GB. The dual layer
ones are appearing on the market with a slightly higher cost but twice the
storage capacity.

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 09:36:36 GMT, WayneM <me@privacy.net> wrote:

> Does anyone have any experience and/or comments on I/O Magic 8x DVD
> burners?
> Do you know who makes them?
> TIA,
> Wayne

Daniel,

Thanx for the info. After posting here I found a DVD forum with a fair
number of comments about I/O Magic. There was nothing remarkable one way or
another. It seems that they re-brand drives from a couple different vendors.

I'm not interested in the region coding. I'm just interested in replacing a
failing CD-ROM in one of our machines that doesn't have any kind of burner
and Staples has an I/O Magic for $50 AR.

Wayne

"Daniel Haley" <dan.haley@pobox.com> wrote in message
>I purchased one of these about two months ago. It is quick at reading and
>writing both CDs and DVDs. It comes bundled with Roxio burning and video
>creation software. I'm happy with it so far.
>
> I have been unable to remove the region coding, but you may not be
> interested in this.
>
> BTW, this is a *single* layer burner that holds 4.7GB. The dual layer
> ones are appearing on the market with a slightly higher cost but twice the
> storage capacity.
>

> On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 09:36:36 GMT, WayneM <me@privacy.net> wrote:
>
>> Does anyone have any experience and/or comments on I/O Magic 8x DVD
>> burners?
>> Do you know who makes them?
>> TIA,
>> Wayne

"Daniel Haley" <dan.haley@pobox.com> wrote in message
> BTW, this is a *single* layer burner that holds 4.7GB. The dual layer
> ones are appearing on the market with a slightly higher cost but twice the
> storage capacity.

With the blanks running upwards of $10 a piece which makes the cost a bit
more than "slight" IMHO....