Question DVD disc showing 0 bytes in "My Computer" even though there are files stored

Jun 30, 2019
My dvd disc is showing 0 bytes even though there are files stored. Recently, I bought two dvd's disc and burn a couple of movie into it. And the files is working and no corrupted files. But when I check on "My Computer" the dvd showing 0 bytes used when it isn't. I'm using windows 8 and haven't do anything to the dvd drive or anything like that. And I'm using Imgburn as the software. Any solution will be appreciated

Jun 30, 2019
Once optical disk content is burned and the disk is closed, it shows 0 bytes free space because all space is used -- no more place to burn files. That's normal.
No, files is 3.9 gb and the disc capacity is 4.38 gb which mean there is 480 mb left. Also it's the used space is 0 bytes and the free space is remain the same as capacity

My point is, how to fix this dvd size display in "My Computer" as it showing inappropriate size

Last edited:

RealBeast

Titan
No, files is 3.9 gb and the disc capacity is 4.38 gb which mean there is 480 mb left. Also it's the used space is 0 bytes and the free space is remain the same as capacity

My point is, how to fix this dvd size display in "My Computer" as it showing inappropriate size
No, not if the disk was closed (finalized) after the burn, which ImgBurn does automatically, unless you specifically select not to finalize the disk.

So your computer is showing you exactly what you left after you burned and finalized the disk -- 0 bytes.

Jun 30, 2019
No, not if the disk was closed (finalized) after the burn, which ImgBurn does automatically, unless you specifically select not to finalize the disk.

So your computer is showing you exactly what you left after you burned and finalized the disk -- 0 bytes.
So, that mean I can't edit or add another files into it? But what is the advantage of finalizing a dvd? I mean that's ridiculous, I have RW disc so I can edit or add files in the future and it is safe to not finalize a dvd?

Jun 30, 2019
Wait, I think you misunderstood the situation here the USED space is 0 byte while the FREE space is the same. So, is there something related to closed disc? Or should I just ignore this if the files are fine

2praerc.jpg