DVD drive and and usb 3.0 not working after I switched computer cases

Lumberjack_64

Reputable
Jun 4, 2015
Not too long ago I switched my computer case from a generic hp case to a coolermaster haf 912, after the installation it seemed everything was working until my optical drive would not open or respond when I pressed the button on it, I also realised that the usb 3.0 was not working on the front panel of the case but the usb 2.0 port was. I also upgraded to windows 10 a few days after I realised the problem. I am not an experienced pc builder so id like some help, I couldn't find a solution online.

Solution
There's no such thing as driver for the case. Drivers for USB3 you should have already, they go with MB if not you should be able to get them from HP. Problem may be that HP and other manufacturers of ready made computers do some non standard things to their boards and cases. USB connectors on the MBs usually come in pairs, two to a place on MB.

Lumberjack_64

Reputable
Jun 4, 2015

They were working before installing the new case, it seems when powering on the optical drive the light flashes green for a second so there probably is power. Do I need to install new drivers because of the new case? If yes where do I get them?
The old case used some kind of splitter to power 2 usb 3.0 ports with the connector on the motherboard, the new case powers 1 usb 3.0 could that be the problem?

There's no such thing as driver for the case. Drivers for USB3 you should have already, they go with MB if not you should be able to get them from HP. Problem may be that HP and other manufacturers of ready made computers do some non standard things to their boards and cases. USB connectors on the MBs usually come in pairs, two to a place on MB.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS