DVD drive disappears

My system has been working fine until today - when my DVD drive disappeared.
It doesn't appear in 'my computer' and I am unable to install it. It is as
if the computer no longer sees the drive.

Happens sometimes with optical drives - most reliable fix that I know is
power down, unplug, power up, power down, plug in, power up.... After
that I do believe you will find it detects new hardware and is good to
go again.

--
Mainframeguy
Mainframeguy's Profile: http://forum.osnn.net/member.php?userid=532