[SOLVED] DVD drive not detected?

rgh43

Honorable
Sep 24, 2018
2 Questions. Win10 system. I seem to have lost my DVD drive on a 6month old pc. I could call HP for help as it is in warranty but I have removed the original HD (mechanical) & replaced it with a Samsung M2 type SSD. Would HP look at or see the new SSD and tell me they can’t do anything as I have modified the original product.

Any tips on how to find the DVD drive, I have used it several times in the last few months so it was working, not sure when it stopped appearing in “PC” as it has been thee up too about a month ago? It does pop open and loads but you won’t see anything in PC just the SSD and my 2TB backup.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Found Device Manager and scanned for Hardware Changes and it loaded the Icon and I'm back in business. As I noted in my post I changed the HD to an M2 SSD so I'm not sure if they would work on it because it is not "stock"

rgh43

Honorable
Sep 24, 2018
Found Device Manager and scanned for Hardware Changes and it loaded the Icon and I'm back in business. As I noted in my post I changed the HD to an M2 SSD so I'm not sure if they would work on it because it is not "stock"

Solution
Is best if you can re-mount old HD, no idea whether HP will complaint.

DVD drive not visible to BIOS, is definitely DEAD.

OK, optical is going way of cassettes, u can't get your software whatever by using another machine, at the library and copy that stuff to a Flash drive?