[SOLVED] DVD drive not open tray

cloudff7ps1

Reputable
Sep 3, 2020
My Samsung DVD drive does not open the tray Is it possible to repair it without opening the drive fully? it only opens with a needle or wire and for it to close I need to touch the tray after pressing the button

Solution
My Samsung DVD drive does not open the tray Is it possible to repair it without opening the drive fully? it only opens with a needle or wire and for it to close I need to touch the tray after pressing the button
It is likely physically broken.

Either some parts are broken, or just worn out from use.
These are physical devices with a lot of moving parts. Built as cheaply as possible.
These things don't last forever.

Any "repair" would entail taking the whole thing apart, discovering what parts are not working, and replace.
Likely cost much more than a replacement DVD drive.

USAFRet

Titan
It is likely physically broken.

Either some parts are broken, or just worn out from use.
These are physical devices with a lot of moving parts. Built as cheaply as possible.
These things don't last forever.

Any "repair" would entail taking the whole thing apart, discovering what parts are not working, and replace.
Likely cost much more than a replacement DVD drive.

Solution