[SOLVED] Dvd drive not recognized

harendra410

Honorable
Dec 14, 2012
I have an old samsung DVD drive which has an IDE type connector.I tried to connect it to my new motherboard using IDE to SATA adaptor..Everthing looked fine but the computer not recognizing the device..not even shown in the bios menu..I am really thankful if some one can help me with this..I can not afford to buy a new one

Solution
I'm going to guess at this point that the adapter or the drive itself is bad. I'd probably start looking around in your local area for a place that accepts old PCs and recycles them or scraps them. If you're in a town, keep an eye out for PCs that people are throwing away. There's a decent chance you can find a SATA DVD drive in one and it wouldn't cost you anything. Heck, if you were local to Minnesota, USA, I'd give you one of my two or three spares.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
I'm going to guess at this point that the adapter or the drive itself is bad. I'd probably start looking around in your local area for a place that accepts old PCs and recycles them or scraps them. If you're in a town, keep an eye out for PCs that people are throwing away. There's a decent chance you can find a SATA DVD drive in one and it wouldn't cost you anything. Heck, if you were local to Minnesota, USA, I'd give you one of my two or three spares.

-Wolf sends

Solution