Question DVD Media storage

USAFRet

Titan
because I have a DVD with some scratches and it passes Nero Discspeed's 100% Good read test? when a scratch occurs is any data lost?
"when a scratch occurs is any data lost?"

Seeing as a 'scratch' can interfere with the laser reading the disc, possibly.

The only true test of viability is if you can copy 100% of the data to some other device, and then verify completeness on the second device.

USAFRet

Titan
When the disc spins inside the tray the dvd drive sata is the dvd disc suspended or not? does it rotate on contact?

turn the disc inserted in the dvdbox amaray it touches the plastic?
If you look closely, the disc is suspended on the spindle. Does not touch the sides of the case, the only point of contact is the hole in the middle.

Now...if you shake the case around, or manually spin the disc...all bets are off.

Thisis supposed to be 'backups'? If so...they get written once and put on the shelf.

cloudff7ps1

Reputable
Sep 3, 2020
i did a test i put a dvd disc in the Amaray dvdbox case and manually with my finger i pressed a point on the disc and rotated it then i removed the disc and i did not see any scratches where i pressed

i did a test i put a dvd disc in the Amaray dvdbox case and manually with my finger i pressed a point on the disc and rotated it then i removed the disc and i did not see any scratches where i pressed

Yes, all the disk cases suspend the disk a bit, some more than others. It would be a pretty bad design for the case to be in contact with the media that way. Only thing that does that is the sleeve type holders. I mean stores sell DVDs in those cases, would be pretty bad if they shipped 10,000 of them and they ended up being scratched by the box they are in LOL

cloudff7ps1

Reputable
Sep 3, 2020
Are DVD and MDisc DVD media very fragile to any kind of light? I your handling them in a place with a led lamp the light emitted by it will erase the data or increase the error rate

DVD casebox amaray offers any DVD disc protection?

cloudff7ps1

Reputable
Sep 3, 2020
Yes, all the disk cases suspend the disk a bit, some more than others. It would be a pretty bad design for the case to be in contact with the media that way. Only thing that does that is the sleeve type holders. I mean stores sell DVDs in those cases, would be pretty bad if they shipped 10,000 of them and they ended up being scratched by the box they are in LOL
I have black Amaray DVDbox but I don't know if it's original but it's not thin casebox does it keep the disc suspended so that during transport it spins doesn't scratch?

dvdbox physically protects the disk from warping?