[SOLVED] DVD not reading

ped078

Honorable
Nov 24, 2015
Hi guys, this was always a pain back in the day, my boss wrote a load of dvd's on one of these under the telly dvd / VHS recorders. They read perfectly in the player, but nothing else. I thought maybe he hasn't finalized the disk, which was indeed the case. So I finalized them on the player but they still won't read in anything else.
If I try in my Win 10 machine it just locks up the computer till I hit eject. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Solution
IsoBuster is reading the directory, but can it read the actual file content?

You may need to create a copy of the disc in a HDD image file. You can then extract the files from the image.

Alternatively, you can use ddrescue (freeware) to create an image of the disc.

BTW, IsoBuster should report the LBA and size of each file. It would be advisable to keep a record of this info, as it will be important when extracting files from the image.

ped078

Honorable
Nov 24, 2015
@USAFRet no, no labels , just a CDR pen.
@fzabkar ISObuster read the disc and the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders are there with files in them, so this dic is valid / readable , how can I get this to read in DVD players? it won't read in anything but ISObuster.
Thanks for the replies guys.

IsoBuster is reading the directory, but can it read the actual file content?

You may need to create a copy of the disc in a HDD image file. You can then extract the files from the image.

Alternatively, you can use ddrescue (freeware) to create an image of the disc.

BTW, IsoBuster should report the LBA and size of each file. It would be advisable to keep a record of this info, as it will be important when extracting files from the image.

Reactions: ped078
Solution