DVD not regonized or boot

Bombie1138

Honorable
Nov 21, 2013
I just installed a MB,.I checked the bios and HD and DVD are recognized but when I try to boot from my DVD to install the Driver disk that came with the PC for my new HD I keep getting device not found,.I've checked the writer and replaced the sata cable to it,..I have also tried switching the ports but it will not let the DVD boot up,.BIOS is set correctly but the MB will not let it run,.please help me !!
The PC is a Dell Inspirion 620 that is about a year and a half old and It took a lightning hit so I replaced the MB with the same one it had before, and wanted to install a new hard drive too and do a clean install of Windows 7,.I also replaced all the hardware with the factory hardware and removed my graphics card,.it has a i3 processor and that has been tested and is fine ,..and I just can't figure out why BIO's recognizes the writer but when I try to do a boot off of it it keeps coming up with the "no device found" message,.I have reset the BIO's boot priorities to the writer and I can hear it working and I know that it work just fine.
The MB is a Dell MIH6IR and the bios is A10,..I'm really hoping someone can help me out with this,..the board cost me 90 bucks and I don't feel like throwing that all away,..

Bombie1138

Honorable
Nov 21, 2013
I'm not sure what UFD is,..but I did test the DVD player and it works fine, and also installed a different DVD player that works fine but I still get the "no bootable devise found" with either DVD player so I know that is not the problem,..also tried different sata cables and ports on the motherboard,..I've rebuilt a few MB's but have never had this kind of problem before,..
Thank you for your input though,.I really have hit a brick wall with this,..

Bombie1138

Honorable
Nov 21, 2013

Thats a good question about the bootable file,I do not know if it does,.I assume that they all come with one and yes it will be a original windows 7 disk i will be using if I can ever get the bios to run the DVD player,..
Thanks for your input but I'm thinking that it has to be something in the BIO's that is stopping it,..