DVD Playback Problem

ArcaneFlash

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2011
Okay, I recently upgraded to Win 10. I have VLC player & PowerDVD 10 on my desktop and VLC on my laptop.

I started rewatching my Babylon 5 seasons and I believe they are the 2003 editions. Some disks play right, some have issues and some won't play. PowerDVD 10 will at least read most of the problem video from the individual video folders, if the disk menu doesn't start. VLC says there are various errors on the disks. I don't remember these issues on Win 7. The DVD drive says the video files exist. Some of the episodes look like deteriation. The disks are clean, no visible damage. Just bizarre playback.

Any ideas. I've tried both computers.

ArcaneFlash

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2011
LG Blu-ray/DVD in Desktop, But I'll have to look up what is in the laptop. But they are probably over 3 years old. Firmwear update? The Blu-ray player says it is missing something after the Win 10 update that keeps it from playing Blu-Rays.

ArcaneFlash

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2011
Interestingly enough, my kid wanted to rent the 3rd and 4th seasons of Lois & Clark. The 4th season is only a few years old and both played rather flawlessly... so I'm confused. I got a newer version of ST: Into Darkness... No problem. So, I'm confused.