[SOLVED] DVD player, audio but no picture

Bongert

Reputable
Jul 30, 2020
I got a new DVD player today but when trying it out I got no picture. Audio works fine but nothing else. Not even some menus or anything. I tried various DVDs and CDs, all with the same results.
The DVD player connects via SCART to a SCART to BNC cable, this works fine for my SNES as well, so the adapter cable is known to work. The TV is a Sony PVM 14M2E, I went through all the possible channels for the front button panel. Because the player connects via SCART it should be RGB with EXT SYNC, so the same as my SNES, but its not working. I dont think i have any other SCART capable TV in the house that i could try it on but i don't think that's the issue either, the TV is known to work anyway. I'll go ahead and order a new SCART cable but i doubt thats the issue, the cable looks barely used.
Edit: Found an HDTV with SCART and the player works completely fine on there. Why cant it work on my CRT? I thought DVD only does 480i video, so the TV should certainly handle it.

Last edited:

Bongert

Reputable
Jul 30, 2020
solved it myself. should try troubleshooting some more before i resort to forum posts. using a different tv to set the output signal to RGB did the trick