[SOLVED] DVD player not playing 5.1 sound ?

DRM360

Commendable
Mar 30, 2020
hello my dvd player is dolby atmos 5.1 surround sound Samsung home cinema system it support 5.1 surround sound but when i connect to it aux cable, on the speaker indicator it only shows that the left and right and the subwoofer is working. When i put a CD in it then it shows that all speakers are working. Then i try a splitter aux cable but this also didnt work.

I tried using usb to play music or video but didn't work, but when inserting CD it works, but now CDs are outdated i want to play on either on aux cable or usb but it's not working.

Any solution guys? If you require picture i can supply one.

Solution
hello my dvd player is dolby atmos 5.1 surround sound Samsung home cinema system it support 5.1 surround sound but when i connect to it aux cable, on the speaker indicator it only shows that the left and right and the subwoofer is working. When i put a CD in it then it shows that all speakers are working. Then i try a splitter aux cable but this also didnt work.

I tried using usb to play music or video but didn't work, but when inserting CD it works, but now CDs are outdated i want to play on either on aux cable or usb but it's not working.

To get 5.1 you have to have a digital connection between your DVD and home cinema system. An aux cable won't support 5.1 --...

kanewolf

Titan

To get 5.1 you have to have a digital connection between your DVD and home cinema system. An aux cable won't support 5.1 -- HDMI or toslink would be the typical connectivity.

Solution