DVD+R burn from Nero v6316 and Adobe Encore v1

Hi friends,
A few weeks ago I bought the pioneer 107D burner and got "power calibration
error" when trying to burn 4x DVD+R discs at 4x in both Adobe Encore and
Nero 6316. However Nero did burn at 2.4x. Both Nero and Encore were ok
with -R discs but why is there this problem with +R discs? My friend seems
to think future upgrades may resolve it.

I should add that Pioneer has firmware v1.12.