DVD-ROM / CD RW / HD Drives

HI I have a DVD Rom, CD RW and HD in my PC
The DVD drive will not work as a slave to the HD or RW. it only works as a master on its own IDE cable.
It worked as a slave under Win98_SE but after upgrading to XP Pro I have to run it as a master
I would like to use the CD RW as a Master on it's own cable and the DVD as a slave to the HD so as I get better data transfer speeds when writting to CD's.
I have of course tried getting all updated drivers even for the Bios and IDE controller.

Any sugestions?

Check jumpers at the rear of the optical drives. Sounds as if you have them
set incorrectly.

"Pole" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> HI I have a DVD Rom, CD RW and HD in my PC
> The DVD drive will not work as a slave to the HD or RW. it only works as a
master on its own IDE cable.
> It worked as a slave under Win98_SE but after upgrading to XP Pro I have
to run it as a master
> I would like to use the CD RW as a Master on it's own cable and the DVD as
a slave to the HD so as I get better data transfer speeds when writting to
CD's.
> I have of course tried getting all updated drivers even for the Bios and
IDE controller.

> Any sugestions?

No, it won't.

www.coribright.com