Dvd-ROM drive making noise even empty

fartagaintuxedo

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013
Hello, i just bought an hp pavilion g6 2206 ss and the first day i had to make a system restore and i also used daemon tools to read an iso file and deleted the virtual drive afterwards.
Thing is that now my dvdROM drive makes some noise from time to time even if there´s no cd or dvd inside. The noise is new, it didnt happen when it was brand new... what could it be?

fartagaintuxedo

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013
i think i have deleted the CD ROM drive by accident using daemon tools... because now i only have the DVD ROM drive, and i have checked in other computers and they have 2 drives, DVD and CD, mine has only DVD now...
Is there any way to get it back?

Anytime that you delete hardware , when you do a restart Windows will find the hardware and attempt to install it.
You can also do a system restore.
You can also go to the web page of the brand of the dvd/cd rom and see if there are drivers for it.

fartagaintuxedo

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013
true, yeah i uninstalled and windows re installed it after reboot. still making that noise, no idea know what it could be, it seems as if its trying to read a cd from time to time, weird... :(

You should check your connections because I had the same issue and it was a loose connecter , so check both the sata power and data cables. If your using the sata cables without the metal clip then there's nothing to keep it from sliding out when ever you open the case and move wires trying to get at something.

fartagaintuxedo

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013

Thanks! i´ll try to check or have it checked at the shop - since its a laptop (tricky to open? ~warranty) and i really just bought it 3 days ago....

TRENDING THREADS