Question DVD-RW confusion

Novel8

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2013
I have had a few, never used dvd-rw's disc's. I finally found a reason to copy some folders to one of them. I don't recall if one has to format a disc first, so i didn't. For an hour i chose some folders and copied them from my pc to the dvd, You can see the ribbon doing its movements and I see the titles of the folders. Finally reached the max for the 4.7 gb disc. and removed it. I had some more folders, so i entered another dvd disc, but now here is where my confusion starts....after clicking on the drive in explorer, i see a repeat of the previous folders. I expected to see a blank waiting disc. I went as far as close explorer and reopened it and still i see a list of previous folders which i had copied. To test this situation out, I chose a small folder, copied it and went to paste it to the dvd drive and it copied it, but to the previous list, not the second blank one. I gave the disc to my brother and he is on his way home, so i couldn't check that first disk to even see if all those folders i copied, were really copied. I have to to my brother gets home and ask him to play it back and check it out...but that won't be for a couple of hours from now. Anyone know anything about this?

If you dropped batches of folders onto the dvd and the last one went above the limit then windows expected to continue the same volume on a new disc.

Get the free imgburn and use the file to disc mode to only write as many files as can fit on each disc.

Novel8

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2013
If you dropped batches of folders onto the dvd and the last one went above the limit then windows expected to continue the same volume on a new disc.

Not happening! When I went to explorers burn disc mode, it told me that the disk does not have enough space to copy 7.64 gb's on a 4.7 gb's disc. It did not go over to the following disc as you suggested. It told me to either cancel or remove some files to accommodate the limited space. So this confirms that nothing was ever copied to that first disc, and my brother confirmed that.

Get the free imgburn and use the file to disc mode to only write as many files as can fit on each disc. Is there not a real free burner where i do not have to install Bing and antivirus programs in order to get it?

I see that imgburn is an extension for Firefox browser, but there were some other files, such as language to have to download also...is this true? Why wouldn't everything be included in one download?

Last edited:

Novel8

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2013
I see that imgburn is an extension for Firefox browser, but there were some other files, such as language to have to download also...is this true? Why wouldn't everything be included in one download?
It's a standalone, free program.
Well when i click on Download, you get the message from Firefox that your almost done, click on Done and in the process u will be also installing Bing ( which I do not want ) and one form utilities.

TRENDING THREADS