chrisbmo2000

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
Ok so I have a computer that I put Windows 7 on ( a dell dimension E520) Windows says that the drive is installed and working correctly, but when you put a disk into the drive the green light flashes a few times and then stops and windows thinks the drive is empty. This is really getting annoying, can any one lead me in some kind of direction? I am a Techie and I own my own computer shop,but this one has me stumped. The drive is a TSST TS-H 553A SATA DVD-RW

Thanks,
Chris

chrisbmo2000

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
I have used several diffrent disks in it, I know there are some on going issues with Win7 and DVD drives I just cant relocate the information on it. I dont currently have another SATA system that I can test the drive on.

how can you be a techie if you dont know something simple as this?

get a windows disk and try booting off it - if it works from bios its windows, if it doesnt its the drive/setup/config

you should also have a million spare hdd's to temp. install windows to and see if its your install

you should also have a million space dvd/cd drives to try instead

im a techie, you calling yourself a techie, im nothing like you.

chrisbmo2000

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010

All the suggestions you have offered have been done........the drive works in Windows XP but not in windows 7 and it has been tried with other Windows 7 installs..........Nice try but they have been done.