DVD Software with 510XL

Phillip

I'm close to making a 510XL system purchase and wanted the specifics on
exactly what DVD recording software is currently included with the system.
Gateway's site says Nero 6 and Pinnacle Software is included, but I wanted
the details as to exactly what this includes (full product titles and
version numbers).

Thanks,
Phillip

It's OEM version, however you can up grade to the lastest version for free but
you will not get all the features ie, recode or applications, but I can tell
you that nero is a good program. If you really need everything you can upgrade
for $40.00 to Ultra. Once you get your system, launch nero and it will tell you
what updates are available for download, download and install them for you,
You will be downloading all four packages, somewhere around 60megs. I also have
the 510XL but have not use the pinnacle software so I can't help you on that
one. Good Luck
Carl

Phillip

Thanks for the opinions on Nero. I agree it's great and I'm glad Gateway
includes Nero as a standard feature.

Can anyone verify what Pinnacle Software currently comes with the 510XL
system? I'm trying to narrow down my DVD authoring software needs and am
very curious as to what is included with this package.

Thanks,
Phillip