DVD sometimes gives a screwed up picture

Densun

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
When I view a DVD film (I have specific one that does this, I haven't tested any other), the picture sometimes gets odd lines like pixel bleeding when the motion gets fast. If I pause it at those points, the lines will still stay and the player won't just repost that frame.

It works perfectly well with the DVD player I have for my TV, but not for my computer. Could it be just too slow hardware? I have an Athlon TBird 800, 128 MB RAM, ATA-100, Asus A7V, 16x DVD, GeForce2 GTS 32 MB.

It happens at lower resolutions as well as high (I've only tested 640x480 and 1024x768). So I have two questions: what's a good resolution to view films in (this happens to not be widescreen but 4:3 ratio) including bit depth and is there anything I could do to speed it up?

---
<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Battlefield/1189" target="_new">Byte Size Games</A>

alphateam

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
It sounds like you have a fast enough computer. Maybe its your software. But the pixelation, that is just the nature of the beast. It is compressed data. And when there it little motion its easy to display it. But when there is a lot of motion the new frame has to be entirely decoded. Try using PowerDVD its a very good program.

-Alpha
Sorry I missed church, I've been busy practicing witchcraft and becoming a lesbian.

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
I dont have problems. Hehe ATi hardware DVD decoder give me the edge in DVD playback.

Well update all drivers and Re-install PowerDVD.

Nice Intel and AMD users get a Cookie.... :smile: Yummy :smile: