kaz

Distinguished
May 22, 2001
102
0
18,680
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

When i play my DVD's the video all comes out whitish like what "Driver" said
about the Video clips so can anyone reply and tell me how to make it the
right colours because a month ago i tryed it and it worked but now it doesnt
!!!!
Thanks Kaz

Please Reply (URGENT)
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

What DVD's, store bought...?
Home made DVD'S What software do you use.
What type of files are you trying to play from DVD.
Where are you getting your source video and is it ok, and what are you
converting it with and to what type...?




"Kaz" <Kaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:60902CDF-2AE1-4DD3-8824-12979550CCEE@microsoft.com...
> When i play my DVD's the video all comes out whitish like what "Driver"
said
> about the Video clips so can anyone reply and tell me how to make it the
> right colours because a month ago i tryed it and it worked but now it
doesnt
> !!!!
> Thanks Kaz
>
> Please Reply (URGENT)
 

kaz

Distinguished
May 22, 2001
102
0
18,680
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

theyre homemade DVDS but the colour comes out fine on my laptop but on my
computer it doesnt. I use Windows media player, PowerDVD & Intervideo home
theater. The "files" are clips and movies not folders and documents etc,,,.
I know a friend who has a VIDEO, DVD converter and it works OK because the
things i want on DVD are actually from Videos.
Kaz

"Nick Burns" wrote:

> What DVD's, store bought...?
> Home made DVD'S What software do you use.
> What type of files are you trying to play from DVD.
> Where are you getting your source video and is it ok, and what are you
> converting it with and to what type...?
>
>
>
>
> "Kaz" <Kaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:60902CDF-2AE1-4DD3-8824-12979550CCEE@microsoft.com...
> > When i play my DVD's the video all comes out whitish like what "Driver"
> said
> > about the Video clips so can anyone reply and tell me how to make it the
> > right colours because a month ago i tryed it and it worked but now it
> doesnt
> > !!!!
> > Thanks Kaz
> >
> > Please Reply (URGENT)
>
>
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

Probably indicates your desktop has a faulty DVD drive if they play fine on
other PCs.
--
Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
www.coribright.com

"Kaz" <Kaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:57C59CDC-1823-49B0-955B-E2B68736B810@microsoft.com...
> theyre homemade DVDS but the colour comes out fine on my laptop but on my
> computer it doesnt. I use Windows media player, PowerDVD & Intervideo home
> theater. The "files" are clips and movies not folders and documents
> etc,,,.
> I know a friend who has a VIDEO, DVD converter and it works OK because the
> things i want on DVD are actually from Videos.
> Kaz
>
> "Nick Burns" wrote:
>
>> What DVD's, store bought...?
>> Home made DVD'S What software do you use.
>> What type of files are you trying to play from DVD.
>> Where are you getting your source video and is it ok, and what are you
>> converting it with and to what type...?
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> "Kaz" <Kaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:60902CDF-2AE1-4DD3-8824-12979550CCEE@microsoft.com...
>> > When i play my DVD's the video all comes out whitish like what "Driver"
>> said
>> > about the Video clips so can anyone reply and tell me how to make it
>> > the
>> > right colours because a month ago i tryed it and it worked but now it
>> doesnt
>> > !!!!
>> > Thanks Kaz
>> >
>> > Please Reply (URGENT)
>>
>>
>>
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

Hi Kaz,

I answered this earlier, but I'll say it again.
My problem involved not being able to play clips AND DVD's properly.
I did a complete uninstall of my video drivers putting me back to the
VGA video drivers, and then reinstalled them. This resolved my
problem. I'm not sure if the same solution will work for you, but you
can give it a try.

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 13:37:02 -0800, Kaz
<Kaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>When i play my DVD's the video all comes out whitish like what "Driver" said
>about the Video clips so can anyone reply and tell me how to make it the
>right colours because a month ago i tryed it and it worked but now it doesnt
>!!!!
>Thanks Kaz
>
>Please Reply (URGENT)