i recently bought a dvd from ebay with 35 cd albums on it when i put
the dvd in my dvd drive it just acts as if there is no disk. i know it
works because i have played it on my dvd player. do i need a codec or
something i have windows xp and i have windvd 2000 installed. many
thanx if u can help. angie

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Video-dvd-wont-play-ftopict416147.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1387231

user

Splendid

Hello, angieskem22!
You wrote on 2 Sep 2005 01:35:49 -0400:

a> i recently bought a dvd from ebay with 35 cd albums on it when i put
a> the dvd in my dvd drive it just acts as if there is no disk. i know it
a> works because i have played it on my dvd player. do i need a codec or
a> something i have windows xp and i have windvd 2000 installed. many
a> thanx if u can help. angie

Have You tried to open this dvd with Explorer? (My Computer -> DVD ROM ->
ets)

If You can do it, then search for nesesary music files and simply play it
with Media Player.
If You can't do it then something wrong with Your DVD or DVD drive. (Maybe
they just incompartible with each other)

With best regards, å×ÇÅÎÉÊ æÉÒÓÏ×.

Whether or not you need a codec depends on the file format of the files you
are attempting to read and the application with which you are trying to read
them.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging