DVD wont read on NEW computer

hermfbird

Honorable
Apr 17, 2013
I have a brand new computer at work and a big part of my job is watching the videos that we make before sending them to the customer. I have these DVD's that were made on a regular home DVD player/burner, the kind of thing that susie homemaker can record her soaps on. For some reason, my brand new hp workstation won't recognize the discs even though they play just fine in a regular DVD player. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

hermfbird

Honorable
Apr 17, 2013

Yes I have, I was almost wondering if the lead out for the disc was never written by the DVD burner, but if it was't I don't think it would play on a regular DVD player either.

hermfbird

Honorable
Apr 17, 2013
I think the make is a Toshiba, I am not sure of the model, and its like five hours away right now.
As far as burning it at a slower speed, it records a live feed from our camera system, I don't really think that it could be done slower.

hermfbird

Honorable
Apr 17, 2013
yeah thanks guys, I've been doing some research, the DVD was burned using the RAW file system, so apparently I'm goin to need to get a DVD decrypter in order to read it... seems rather ridiculous that it wont even play it though. Thanks, I appreciate all the help though everyone.

hermfbird

Honorable
Apr 17, 2013
I found a few free programs that do it but I'm hesitant due to my work computer hooked up to a server, those programs are usually loaded with spy/malware
that's the last thing that I need