DVD Writer set up pls help?????????????

Hi I seem to be having major problems settting up my dvd writer. And
was hoping for assistance.

I am trying to get my Liteon dvd writer to work with two existing hard
drives, and dvd rom drive. I have tried the following setting but to
no avail. Having both hard drives as master/slave on one ide channel
and having the writer and dvd rom drive as master/slave on the second
channel. The drives are detected, but when placing cs into the drive,
they are slow and crash.

I then tried putting both hard drives as master on separte channels,
and the dvd writer and rom drive as slave on both channels. This
didn't work at all, as the computer wouldn't boot at all. It was only
when i removed the dvd rom drive as a slave on the second channel,
did it boot up and recognise my dvd writer. Everyhthing wokred as
expected, however i could really do with my dvd rom drive being
installed as well, and was hoping someone could point me in the right
direction as to how to get this working. I have attached the end
connector of each cable to the master, and the middle connector to the
slave. The jumper settings are correct, any ideas would be much
appreciated. Thank you.

Your first setup should be working. What about drivers?

"steve smith" <boy_wonder48@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi I seem to be having major problems settting up my dvd writer. And
> was hoping for assistance.
>
> I am trying to get my Liteon dvd writer to work with two existing hard
> drives, and dvd rom drive. I have tried the following setting but to
> no avail. Having both hard drives as master/slave on one ide channel
> and having the writer and dvd rom drive as master/slave on the second
> channel. The drives are detected, but when placing cs into the drive,
> they are slow and crash.
>
> I then tried putting both hard drives as master on separte channels,
> and the dvd writer and rom drive as slave on both channels. This
> didn't work at all, as the computer wouldn't boot at all. It was only
> when i removed the dvd rom drive as a slave on the second channel,
> did it boot up and recognise my dvd writer. Everyhthing wokred as
> expected, however i could really do with my dvd rom drive being
> installed as well, and was hoping someone could point me in the right
> direction as to how to get this working. I have attached the end
> connector of each cable to the master, and the middle connector to the
> slave. The jumper settings are correct, any ideas would be much
> appreciated. Thank you.

TRENDING THREADS