I've just installed a NEC ND3500 dvd-writer on my computer, but it isn't
recognized by the computer, nor is the dvd-player...
I had a Phillips something cd-writer prior to the dvd-writer and that worked
fine, both with the dvd- player and computer, I used to have a dvd-player and
a cd-writer but now I got nothing....
any suggestions? please

The jumpers on the new drive must be on the wrong place.- Master , Slave or
Cable Select.

"steenern" <steenern@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've just installed a NEC ND3500 dvd-writer on my computer, but it isn't
> recognized by the computer, nor is the dvd-player...
> I had a Phillips something cd-writer prior to the dvd-writer and that
> worked
> fine, both with the dvd- player and computer, I used to have a dvd-player
> and
> a cd-writer but now I got nothing....
> any suggestions? please

norm

"steenern" <steenern@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
I've just installed a NEC ND3500 dvd-writer on my computer, but it isn't
recognized by the computer, nor is the dvd-player...
I had a Phillips something cd-writer prior to the dvd-writer and that worked
fine, both with the dvd- player and computer, I used to have a dvd-player
and
a cd-writer but now I got nothing....
any suggestions? please

Can it be seen by your bios, if not your OS probably wouldn't have much of a
chance seeing it either.