• Hey there, Guest! Share your idea for a new trophy in the forums and win bragging rights and a $100 Amazon gift card! Check out the New Community Trophy Contest here!
  • Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

DVI Cable

virtualsri

Honorable
Feb 2, 2013
I am new to this forum, and I really don't know if this is an ultra stupid question,

My monitor is a Dell IN2030 and has a DVI-I dual link port on it, my Graphics card is an AMD Radeon HD 6450 has a DVI-D duallink port on it, are there convertors available for the two, is there any real difference between using it with a convertor and using D-sub cables.

I am not a hardcore gamer, and I usually limit my games to the likes of Skyrim and other steam based stuff (HL 2, TFS....) and I sometimes watch Blu ray movies (Not a criterion to change to HDMI).

Please help, and please forgive my ignorance if this is too Noob.

virtualsri

Honorable
Feb 2, 2013

Thanks for the advice pal I checked out a few local cable shops and bought a DVI-D to HDMI adapter, I have to say that I really had no idea what I have been missing all these time. The difference b/w D-Sub and this is unexplainable. to be Precise while playing skyrim, I couldn't read the boards in the game world and I really thought It was designed to be so.. :cry: :cry: :cry: But now everything works fine :love: :love: :love: