DVI cable ..

kevin0

Honorable
Oct 9, 2013
I want to buy a DVI cable for my samsung S19B300B and Galaxy GTX 660 and i need to know the perfect type of DVI cable to use

Solution

ko888 is just trying to explain to you that there is no "best cable", there is no degradation of digital signals, so the quality of the cable is not as important as say a VGA cable. That DVI cable will work, another DVI cable will work. 6 ft is well within DVI's transmit distance, and the cable will work perfectly fine.

Don't be rude to the people trying to help you.

kevin0

Honorable
Oct 9, 2013

thnx for reply but what is the difference between DVI-I and DVI-D
and my monitor doesnt have a DVI-I to connect it with a DVI-I cable its support DVI-D and VGA only
i just want to buy a good cable to give me great image

P1nnacle

Distinguished
DVI-D is a digital only cable. A DVI-I have analog pins built in too. For most computers a DVI-D will work fine, but occasionally you find someone who has a monitor with an analog signal (not likely if it supports DVI).

kevin0

Honorable
Oct 9, 2013

1366X768
refresh rate 60 but i'm not sure
the monitor is Samsung syncmaster S19B300B
i just want the best cable to enjoy the quality

The Samsung SyncMaster S19B300B DVI port only recognizes DVI-D signals. Samsung even recommends a DVI-D to DVI-D cable for that monitor model.

Get the cable from Monoprice that @P1nnacle recommended.

Not even important at the max 1366X768 @ 60 Hz resolution that the OP is using.

kevin0

Honorable
Oct 9, 2013
Hey i'm not an expert alright I just want to buy the best DVI cable that's all i want regardless of my monitor size so its a simple question is that cable will be the best DVI cable or i should buy another good one ? and what about its 6ft tall is there will be an issue because of its tall ? or is there will be an any other issues using it ?