DVI D cable on Benq GL2450

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

WispyCorn

Reputable
Oct 10, 2014
I got a brand new DVI D cable to DVI D so I could connect my monitor (dvi d) to the other dvi d port in my Gigabyte 980 G1 card, however theres no signal.

Originally I have always used the VGA Cable that came with the monitor and used a DVI I adapter to connect it to the videocard, and there hasnt been a single issue (outside some weird lines due to the conversion from vga to dvi on the screen when gaming).

So there are some possible problems

• The videocard dvi d port is faulty.
    The Monitor dvi d port is faulty.
    The cable is faulty.

I could try changing the cable, but is there something wrong that I am doing here? Should I get a DVI D to DP port (I dont think the 980 has a hdmi port only some ports that look like it, but are DP)? Or VGA to DP?

Update Checked the card again and it does have an HDMI port.

afCDRe3L8l7tROoo.jpg

Solution
Ok let's just forget vga and adapter. You need to get another dvi cable or monitor to find out if it's the dvi port or dvi cable that's the issue. Should have asked this earlier but did you select dvi on the monitor input selection?

WispyCorn

Reputable
Oct 10, 2014
Wait something wrong happened, now I cant launch a single game. Not from steam, Rome 2 says it stopped working and Shadow of Mordor says ''Installed video device does not support direct 11''

My drivers uninstalled or something?