[SOLVED] Dvi D monitor to Dvi I graphics card port

Aug 16, 2020
I saw a thread here with the same question that if i use a dvi d cable in a dvi d and dvi i port, it will work. But in my case, it's not working. I have an hp prodisplay p201 monitor with a vga and dvi d port, 1600x900 resoultion and a palit gtx 970 with a dvi i, hdmi and a mini dp.

Solution
Should work.

Is the graphics card properly connected with 2x PCIE 6pin power connectors?
What model PSU are you using? GTX 970 requires 500W PSU minimum.
Did you try switching signal input on monitor from VGA to DVI (with buttons on monitor)?

If still doesn't work, then something might be broken - video cable, graphics card, monitor.
Try a different cable. Try connecting your monitor to a different pc.
Should work.

Did you try switching signal input on monitor from VGA to DVI (with buttons on monitor)?

If still doesn't work, then something might be broken - video cable, graphics card, monitor.

Solution
Aug 16, 2020
Should work.

Yes it's properly connected. My psu is fsp raider 750w silver. Vga to dvi i is working fine. It's just the dvi d(monitor) to dvi i(video card) is not working. I only have 1 pc. Will defenitely try another cable. Thanks for the reply.