DVI-D port not working for dual monitors?

nocturama

Honorable
Jan 3, 2014
Hi there. I have a GTX 650 Ti Boost and am trying to run dual monitors. There is one DVI-I port and one DVI-D port. The DVI-I port works just fine, my problem is with the DVI-D port.

Right now, I have a DVI-D cable that runs from my monitor to the DVI-D port on the card, yet whenever I hit the display button on my monitor it says that "there is no signal coming from your computer." When I try to detect the monitor through the desktop display options, only my main monitor shows up, it's as if my other monitor isn't connected. When I use the NVIDIA Control Panel, it's the same thing, and only my main monitor shows up. In my computer's devices, there's no detection of it either, just the main one.

I have went through multiple adapters, have reinstalled my drivers once already, and have tried adjusting the resolution. Nothing seems to work.

The main monitor I'm using is 1920x1080 while the second monitor (the one that I'm trying to use DVI-D with) is 1680x1050.

Anyone have any ideas?

Francisco Azevedo

Reputable
Apr 1, 2015

I find one that works!

I bought this adaptor; http://www.bceletronica.com.br/Catalogos/Adaptador%20Display%20Port%20x%20DVI.JPG

This is a DVI to Display port. Now i use one display in the display port and the other in HDMI port.