[SOLVED] DVI-D port on B450 MB works without integrated graphics support?

Zuher Laith

Prominent
May 12, 2020
Hi

I have a Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro motherboard with a R5 3600 CPU,
I'm trying to link a VGA monitor on the motherboard using a converter DVI-D-to-VGA, right?
1YI9G6H.png

Now I know the HDMI won't work because the R5 3600 does not have an integrated graphics processor because as said "Support may vary by CPU"

while the DVI-D doesn't, so will it work if I use a converter to the DVI-D port on motherboard?
note: I can't use my graphics card because it only has DP ports which its cables are expensive in my area.

Thanks for any help!

Solution
Hi

I'm trying to link a VGA monitor on the motherboard using a converter DVI-D-to-VGA, right?
1YI9G6H.png

Now I know the HDMI won't work because the R5 3600 does not have an integrated graphics processor because as said "Support may vary by CPU"

while the DVI-D doesn't, so will it work if I use a converter to the DVI-D port on motherboard?
note: I can't use my graphics card because it only has DP ports which its cables are expensive in my area.

Thanks for any help!
No it will not work. The R5 3600 has no iGPU, and therefore you won't get an image from any of the board's connectors.
You need an GPU to get an output to your monitor
Hi

1YI9G6H.png

Thanks for any help!
No it will not work. The R5 3600 has no iGPU, and therefore you won't get an image from any of the board's connectors.
You need an GPU to get an output to your monitor

Solution

Zuher Laith

Prominent
May 12, 2020
The port is there in case you are using a apu enabled processor.

Probably best to trade in a old vga monitor.
An active dp to vga adapter is likely expensive.
Yes what I'm missing is a APU enabled processor, R5 3600 doesn't have that.

I can't get something better than what I have as a secondary monitor, even if its VGA.
DP to adapter is expensive, but is it worth it?