DVI-D to DVI-I

Steverism

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2012
So I'm ordering the Asus VG248QE 144hz 1ms Monitor Display. I'm aware that I can't use HDMI for the full affect of 144hz. My video card only has one DVI-I port on the back of it and the monitor only has and comes with a DVI-D cable. I am confused about this, can I still plug in the cable that comes with the monitor into my video card? Or do I need some kind of adapter?

Thanks!

DVI-I is dead.
DVI-D might as well be dead.

Buy monitors with DisplayPort and/or HDMI or you wont even be able to use your monitors with the video cards that will be coming out in the future. None of the new video cards starting next year will have DVI of any kind, nor will they have VGA anymore.

Steverism

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2012

I just play Counter-Strike lol... I'm pretty sure DisplayPort only gets 120hz and HDMI gets 60. I want 144. I easily get 400 FPS playing CS GO.

DisplayPort is the only video technology that has actually supported 144Hz since 2009.

And if you look at the other specs, DVI has never supported anything over 120Hz.

HDMI added 120Hz support in version 1.4b. Then in 2.0, they added 4k @ 60Hz support.