[SOLVED] DVI-D to VGA ?

Dec 24, 2020
Hey I recently bought a new pc with a gtx 1650 in it. The graphics card has a DVI-D and an hdmi port. I wanted to conntect my second monitor which only has vga via this converter. The reviews on Amazon say it works but online it says that it isnt possible to convert analog to digital without an active converter and now I am confused pls help.
https://www.amazon.de/GANA-Konverter-Adapterkabel-unterstützen-Systemen-DVI2VGA/dp/B06XFR74K2/ref=sr_1_5?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&dchild=1&keywords=dvi+vga&qid=1608808254&s=computers&sr=1-5

Solution
It does say that it converts the signal (active) but converter is powered from the DVI port --- that may be the problem as most active adapters are powered from a USB port.
Your GPU's HDMI port may not be supplying sufficient power to drive the converter.
It does say that it converts the signal (active) but converter is powered from the DVI port --- that may be the problem as most active adapters are powered from a USB port.
Your GPU's HDMI port may not be supplying sufficient power to drive the converter.

Solution