DVI Graphics Card to Purchase

Bonnecaze

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2003
I am looking for suggestions of what kind of graphics card to purcase.

I have a Dell UltraSharp flat panel monitor. It supports both Digital (DVI-D) and Analog. I want to purchase a graphics Card that takes advantage of the Digital connections. I believe this would be provide faster performance.

I play some computer games most noteable Everquest but some strategy games too. The PC is also used for regular type of work excel spreadsheets, and word documents, etc.

I am looking for a good Graphics Card that is around $150. The PC has an Abit KT7A motherboard with 512mb ram. The processor is an AMD Athlon 1600. It is running at 1400Mhz. My current graphics card is a PNY Verto with a Geforce chip, and I believe 64mb of ram.

Any suggestions on what type of Graphics card I should purchase?

PAX

Distinguished
May 22, 2001
I would recommend a 128MB GeForce4 Ti4200 (DVI-edition), like the Asus AGP-V9280 TD TV-Out + DVI. They are very cheap, but will still give you the performance to be able to play most future games.

If you´re not a complete hardcore Gamer, but still want options and great quality, go for a GeForce4 TI4200!

-------------
Pax vobiscum!

For $150 you can get an ATI Radeon 9600Pro, whihc would give you the most features. If you are just trying to test out the feature, ALOT of older cards have DVI connectors. However if you are looking for the very best graphics for $150 your solid choice is the R9600Pro. For Under $100 then the GF4 would be your choice.

Check them both out and see if the extra dough is worth it for you. Then again is the extra money worth it over a lower end GeForce or Radeon if you're not going to stress it?

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! <A HREF="http://www.redgreen.com" target="_new"><font color=green>RED</font color=green> <font color=red>GREEN</font color=red></A> GA to SK :evil: