DVI-I to VGA Problems Please Help

mooty96

Honorable
Jun 27, 2013
Alright so I have 2 1080p monitors. They both have an HDMI and VGA port. My graphics card (gtx 660) has a HDMI, DVI-I,DVI-D, and a display port. I have my main monitor connected through the HDMI port on my graphics card, and my second monitor connected to the DVI-I port on my graphics card through a DVI to VGA adapter. My main monitor receives a perfect 1080p picture but my second monitor (the one connected though the DVI to VGA adapter) receives a blurry image that doesn't fit the screen correctly. All the sides of the picture are cut off and its blurry. I've done some research and found that DVI and VGA give two different types of signals and when you use an adapter it can mess the picture up from converting the picture between the two types of signals. So my question is... Does HDMI and Display port use the same type of signal so the picture wouldn't be distorted like the DVI to VGA connection if I bought a Display to HDMI adapter. Maybe there is some special cable that doesn't distort the image when going back and forth from DVI to VGA? I doubt it. Please help me out I would really appreciate it. :)

Solution
VGA is an analog signal. Whether or not it's through an adapter, it's more susceptible to interference like this. Your monitor should have an auto-adjust feature, but that might not fix the problem entirely.

You should be able to get a DVI-HDMI cable pretty easily.

mooty96

Honorable
Jun 27, 2013

i checked the picture setting in the monitors setting and everything is set correctly. No one answered my question though... could Display to HDMI work?

mooty96

Honorable
Jun 27, 2013
Couldn't find the auto adjust, looked through the entire menu on the the monitor. Also went through the whole nvidia control panel. So I'm gonna buy the DVI-HDMI. Thanks