[SOLVED] dvi-i to vga

MGTro

Prominent
Jan 28, 2021
if I buy a dvi-i video card and use it with an adapter to a vga monitor, its the same thing as I would buy a vga one? or the quality of video card goes down

Solution
Released in 2015. Not the latest gen. Don't you think?
I mean it can still game any title you throw at it,not at the highest settings,but can run cyberpunk at 1080p low/medium settings when paired with a compatible cpu at 30fps atleast,which is perfectly playable for a AAA title in my opinion.Also i overclocked it a bit.
Also has the last drivers support so,i ussually go by that if the card doesnt have the latest drivers support,it is considered old.Not useless,but old.
Tbh,the only thing i dont like about it is that i could have gotten a r9 390 8gb for 20euros more when i bought it,and that the windforce LED on it is blue only.
Released in 2015. Not the latest gen. Don't you think?
I mean it can still game any title you throw at it,not at the highest settings,but can run cyberpunk at 1080p low/medium settings when paired with a compatible cpu at 30fps atleast,which is perfectly playable for a AAA title in my opinion.Also i overclocked it a bit.
Also has the last drivers support so,i ussually go by that if the card doesnt have the latest drivers support,it is considered old.Not useless,but old.
Tbh,the only thing i dont like about it is that i could have gotten a r9 390 8gb for 20euros more when i bought it,and that the windforce LED on it is blue only.

Solution
Just make sure the card has DVI-I as a DVI-I to VGA adapter will not work on a DVI-D port. DVI-D requires an active converter/adapter to convert the digital signal to analog., also these adapter can ad some latency.
AMD R9 390 is the last of their GPUs with analog video output. Eq R9 390 cards have one DVI-I (digital + analog) output and one DVI-D (only digital) output. Like this

1024.png

Reactions: Dj0gany