Question DVI "no signal" after motherboard boot screen on GTX 1070ti (SLI)

Apr 1, 2020
Dear all,

Good morning :) (at least for those in Europe)

I have a gaming pc with the following specs:

Motherboard: Gigabyte X470 Aorus AM4/DDR4, S-ATA 600, ATX Gaming 5 Wi-Fi – Black
gpu: 2x Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Gaming 8G on SLI
cpu: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
and a regular monitor: Philips 241 S (1920x1080 60hz)

For the past almost two years I have been using the Philips DVI-D + an DVI cable single link + DVI-D port on gtx 1070ti (SLI) without any problem.

The problem started yesterday when I connected also my laptop VGA output (dock station) + VGA cable in the Philips VGA. To summarize I had my gaming PC on the DVI and my laptop on the VGA both in the same monitor (Philips 241 S) at the same time.

The monitor (VGA) works fine for the laptop, however when I switched the monitor source to the DVI and booted my gaming PC, after the motherboard aorus loading screen (that was stretched and a bit out of scale) I'm getting a no signal warning (basically when the login screen of windows should show up the monitor stops working).
While showing no signal the monitor is saying sometimes (a warning) that the resolution set 1280 x 720 is not the native one (?) and that I should use the native one.

The only way get my gaming PC on a screen now is to use an HDMI cable on a TV.

I have tested the following:

• Original configuration just the dvi monitor on the gaming PC : not working (no signal after boot screen)
  • Tested with another monitor dvi (Acer V243HQ): not working (no signal after boot screen)
Any thoughts on what the problem should be?? Maybe the cable? I got a dual link DVI-D on amazon that will arrive only next week...

Thanks in advance!!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS