Mar 13, 2016
Build:
CPU: i7 4790K Devil's Canyon
GPU: GTX 970
PSU:EVGA 750 Gold
MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5
RAM: Gskill Ripjaws 16GB (8x2)
Storage: WD Blue 1 TB; Kingston SSDnow 240G

I upgraded my monitor late January so I could run @ 144HZ and purchased a BenQ XL2411. I used the Dual DVI-D cable that came with the monitor and it worked great for a while but a few weeks later, I received a "No Signal Detected" when waking up the computer from sleep. I had been unable to get a signal from the DVI cable provided but have been able to get a signal using an HDMI cable. I called up BenQ and after going through the call, I was asked to try a new cable before I sent it back. I went ahead and bought a new cable from Amazon and it did not work when I first plugged it in, but after restarting my computer with the new cable it, it somehow got a signal, and was able to run my monitor with a signal at 144hz. Fast forward a month and a half with no problems, I just moved and disconnected the cables and after hooking everything back up, it booted with a signal and then died out once I got to my desktop.I am once again receiving no signal using the DVI cable from Amazon. I am still able to retrieve a signal using an HDMI cable, however. I'd like to know what steps I can try and I'm pretty limited (only have 1 pc in the house, can't try cable on another pc) before I go out and try out another cable out of desperation. Help would be much appreciated.

Solution
Years ago, I had an issue where I could only get a display with a VGA cable, and not a DVI. Fought it for hours, and as a last ditch effort, I did a CMOS reset. It actually fixed the problem.