"DVI No signal"... Help, please...

petebestest

Reputable
Dec 4, 2014
Howdy guys.

I just built my first ever pc today, and I've just run into a problem. I turned on my computer and everything was running fine as far as I could tell. The fans were all going (including those on my H100i cooler), my motherboard was lit up as it should be, and my MSI GTX 970 graphics card was lit up and the fans on it were also running.

But when I turned on the ASUS VG248QE monitor connected to my computer via DVI, my monitor read only "DVI No Signal." I've tried readjusting the DVI cable, but that didn't work.

For reference, I'm using a GA-Z97-HD3 ATX motherboard and a EVGA 750W PSU.

Again, this is my first-ever pc build, so I'm kind of freaking out about it. Any comments, solutions or suggestions are MUCH appreciated. Thanks a ton.

Solution
Hi, What motherboard and CPU using? Have you tried disconnecting the graphics card and using the onboard with single RAM module inserted?
If you are getting totally black screen without any post then remove the GPU then try again without the GPU if still nothing happens then most probably the motherboard has some kind of problem you dont have to worry if there is a defective item then you can easily replace it as its brand new.