DVI no signal when plugged into GPU

ramialtamimi1602

Prominent
Oct 21, 2018
Dear experts,

I have recently began having this reoccuring problem with my display which is about my monitor saying DVI no signal whenever it's plugged into my GPU.

This hasn't happened for the past 3 months but coming into the fourth month I get no signals sometimes whenever I use my GPU port for DVI. I then have to connect the DVI cable to the motherboard.

The issue usually fixes itself, but i'd like to know if there's anything I can do to prevent it, so I don't have to restart my PC 10 times whenever it occurs.

Edit: it doesn't happen often but still annoying having to unplug my PSU then replug it, switch the DVI cable into my GPU and then restarting my PC to fix. It usually only happens on start-ups of the pc. I have checked if my GPU is out of place by pushing it in further, but that isn't the issue. The DVI cable is the one from the monitor and is nearly brand new.

Specs:
Monitor: ASUS XG258Q @ 240hz
GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 TI 11GB
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Rampage Extreme IV
PSU is Corsair TX650M Gold
CPU: i7 8086K @ 5,0 ghz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB @ 3000 mhz connected to dimm 1 & 2
SSD: Samsung EVO Pro 860 1 TB

Best regards,
Rami

ramialtamimi1602

Prominent
Oct 21, 2018

I am using an adapter since I have 2 monitors. Problem occured after using the adapter, sorry for not mentioning

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
What is your second monitor? You have bother HDMI2.0 and DisplayPort present on both the GPU and monitor.
I assume the second monitor is not 240Hz, so perhaps it's better to be connected with HDMI and run DP to this monitor.

My suspicious is the problem does not lay with the card or monitor, but with the adapter itself.
I also assume the adapter is unnecessary in this situation, but may well be wrong.