Question Dvi no signal

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Yeah just wanted to see if this ibuypower machine has multiple dvi ports (motherboard & gpu) and if you're using the correct one. Specific pictures for your model is hard to find and the pictures it does have displayed on the site doesn't show the back lol.

Have you tried only having the dvi cable connected? Power down pc and monitor, disconnect both hdmi ends completely. Leave monitor powered off for a couple of minutes.

Then turn pc on first then monitor a few seconds later.

Jul 13, 2019
Yeah I've completely unplugged my monitor waited a bit and plugged it in again several times but still doesn't work, also I am pretty sure I have it in the gpu, because it's in vertically not horizontally.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Vertical io where the usb, network ports are, if there's a dvi port there that belongs to the motherboard. Further down the case is the graphics card ports which should be horizontal.

220px-Vertical_and_Horizontal_Lines.png

Jul 13, 2019
Wow I can't believe that was the problem, thanks for the help. When I had my hdmi cable in it was around the spot where I had my dvi d cable right now. Thanks for the help spent so long on this.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Yeah igpu is usually disabled when a graphics card is installed. Perhaps only the dvi port is disabled if hdmi was working. If thats whats happened here and were using the igpu all this time you'll be amazed how much better the Gtx 1060 is ;P