DVI not working

lboyer904

Reputable
Sep 23, 2018
The dvi on the computer isn’t working anymore. I did a routine cleaning with my computer like I normally do every other month or so, and this time when I was plugging in the dvi cable the monitor would recognize it and turn on, then would say no signal and turn off again. I tried the cable on another computer and the same monitor and it works fine. The computer worked fine before I cleaned it but now doesn’t display anything
Specs:
CPU: intel I5
GPU: GTX 750 TI
Motherboard: Asus p8b75-v
Monitor: Asus vh225h lcd monitor
The fan on the gpu was working and everything else that I could see was working

Jwpanz

Honorable
Are you getting any beeps from the motherboard? Reseat your RAM and GPU to make sure you’re not getting a failure to boot. Your DVI may be fine and you may be experiencing a hardware issue after cleaning it. Perhaps you bumped something just right to push it out of place. Just reseat those components and see what happens.

lboyer904

Reputable
Sep 23, 2018

I did that and it is the same. I can’t see my display or anything and the fan on the gpu works fine I’m still getting no signal on my monitor

lboyer904

Reputable
Sep 23, 2018
I fixed it. It was the stupidest problem and I don’t know why I didn’t check it to begin. I had the power supply set to a different voltage on the backside. I must’ve hit the switch on accident