DVI Port not working

Robert Fraley

Distinguished
May 23, 2011
I have just installed a new graphics card and need to connect two monitors. I have Windows 7/64 and XFX Rx 460 graphics. I can use the HDMI port and would like to use the DVI-D dual port with adapter to HDMI for the second port. I have tried my tv monitor and my main pc monitor but get no display.I would like to use both DVI and HDMI ports for two monitors. What do i need to change to get the DVI port to work?
The Bios is running through a P8Z68 Asus Motherboard.

Solution

Wait a second, you are using the motherboard port not the video card? Use the video card, RX 460 has several outputs. Your onboard graphics may be disabled because you have a video card installed.

Robert Fraley

Distinguished
May 23, 2011

You may be right now. I had it working on the old graphics card but the adapter is not working on the MOBO DVI port now

Wait a second, you are using the motherboard port not the video card? Use the video card, RX 460 has several outputs. Your onboard graphics may be disabled because you have a video card installed.

Solution

Robert Fraley

Distinguished
May 23, 2011
I can only get two outputs by using the mobo along with the graphics card output. I have ordered another DVI to DHMI adapter. It seems that it could be the issue. But, HDMI, 1st port is from the card, 2nd output is from the mobo HDMI port. And I am well aware of how to switch the PCI/IGPU or PCI/PCIE inside BIOS since it is capable of being switched.