DVI Power saving mode comes on sporadically

Moose1991

Reputable
Jul 23, 2015
Computer monitor goes into DVI power saving mode. My parents PC is going into DVI power save mode sometimes. They have unplugged the power from the back of the tower and that usual gets the monitor to turn on. This is what they have for parts. I won't be home to help them for 2 weeks.

GIGABYTE GeForce GTS 250 675MHZ 1GB 2.0GHZ
AMD-Athlon(TM)xII 250 cpu
Crossair xms3 4GB(2x2)
Thermaltake TR2 600 watt
GIGABYTE GA-770TA-UD3 AM3 AMD 770 2 x SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD MotherboardW2453V
Segate Barricuda 7200 500Gb
WIndows 7 Ultimate

Thanks for any advice

Jimmy Schrayer

Reputable
Jul 16, 2014
This typically happens when there is no output from the computer to the monitor, you could try checking your power saving options in hardware and sound in the control panel, make sure your monitor is not set to turn off after any time (it should say Never.) if this does not work I may be able to find other solutions.

Jimmy Schrayer

Reputable
Jul 16, 2014
Have you checked if your monitor has it's own sleep mode? I have not seen this before, but I'm sure some of them do have this feature on them, also, could you list your monitor's brand and model number?

Moose1991

Reputable
Jul 23, 2015

Sorry for the late reply but its a LG W2453V. It does not have a sleep mode for the monitor

Jimmy Schrayer

Reputable
Jul 16, 2014
Sorry, I was off the site quite some time, but I'll look in to it.

EDIT :
Go to control panel --> Hardware and Sound --> Power Options --> Change Plan Settings (on your current power plan)
Now click 'Change Advanced Power Settings'
Find PCI Express --> Link State Power Management, Turn the Setting 'Off'

If the issue persists you should check your event data
Search 'Event Viewer' in the start menu
click on 'Event Viewer'
Go to Windows Logs --> Application (on the left side) find anything related to your computer entering Power Save or Sleep mode and copy the 'General' and 'Details' boxes Here.