Question DVI Quit Working

Jun 9, 2019
MoBo: MSI 2A9C (CPU 1)

Product: Pavilion Model p6530f
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

1) Dual displays were working! TV and flatscreen monitor. All cables are new.

2) One used VGA output; other used the DVI output. Didn't matter which used what, i.e., TV or monitor.

3) VGA worked fine using either TV or monitor. DVI worked fine to TV or monitor.

4) Originally, the DVI output was connected to the TV's HDMI input using a DVI to HDMI adapter (new) on the PC. The monitor was connected to PC's VGA.

5) Decided to switch PC's DVI to HDMI input to monitor. Again, both video types were working fine.

6) Hours later, awoke computer and nothing on monitor. Checked TV's HDMI input that used the PC's DVI output and had video ok.

7) Then I swapped cables. The PC's DVI output to monitor's HDMI input was not working!

Ran Intel's Driver Updater as well as contacted Intel's Community Support. Driver fine, of course, since it fed the VGA output. I thought it might have to do with Intel's i3 540 Processor.

9) Ran the PC's HP Diagnostics and the online HO Diagnosics Tests. Either all good or was N/A.

10) Motherboard
Manufacturer MSI
Model 2A9C (CPU 1)
Version 1.0
Chipset Vendor Intel
Chipset Model Havendale/Clarkdale Host Bridge
Chipset Revision 12
Southbridge Vendor Intel
Southbridge Model H57
Southbridge Revision 06

If the DVI is integrated on the motherboard , other then replacing the motherboard (not doing this), what checks can be made? Remember, all video outputs were working. Just don't understand why it was working then stopped on awaking. Didn't see any Win 10 Pro updates that might have affected this problem. Can provide PC and TV info if needed.

ASK THE COMMUNITY