DVI stopped working U2412M (works with VGA to mobo)

kai123

Honorable
Jun 1, 2013
Update: T220 no longer works using the DVI-D but only in the DVI-I. I think the Dell monitor will not work with DVI-I (you can only select DVI-D in the input options). I guess its the DVI-D on the 970 (MSI).

Are the controllers of the input on graphics cards from the same source? Would there be an issue with how the card handles digital input? I'm really hoping a DP cable will resolve this.

2nd Update: DVI-I works on the Dell only works in safemode (DVI-D does not).

#########

Hello,

I recently upgraded from a 7970 to a 970. I had a DVI-D single link going from the montior to the card, and another DVI-D from my spare T220 to the motherboard.

Everything was happy until I quickly reinstalled the 7970 (proof that it worked before selling it). After throwing the 970 back in, the DVI input from the U2412M has stopped working.

VGA works fine from the U2412M to the mobo, but the 970 does not have a VGA input. I'd be happy to get a male-to-male DP cable but right now these are extremely rare in Ireland.

The two DVI cables work with the T220 when connecting to the 970, just not with the U2412M. The monitor will not detect any input from the U2412M, but if I have the T220 using the motherboard with the U2412M in the 970, it kinda detects the U2412M (desktop moves over to it, but still no output).

I've reinstalled the driver (with DDU) and still no joy. All I can think of it the DVI connector on the U2412M is shot, but hopefully thats not the case.

kai123

Honorable
Jun 1, 2013
Out of curiosity, the DVI-D connection works with my T220 (the U2412M is connected to the motherboard) when I had this the other way round, I could still configure both monitors via the CCC and Nvidia Control Panel, but now it only picks up the T220. Anyone know what this might mean?