[SOLVED] DVI to DP

FirePots

Prominent
Oct 25, 2019
So, I got a displayport (into my monitor) to a dvi (into the pc) ive tried this and it gets no signal (tested dvi and dp channel) there is no display port slot for my pc so j cant switch. anyone have an idea what i can buy/do to fix this?

Solution
Is this the video card: ZOTAC GeForce GT 1030 Zone Edition

https://www.zotac.com/us/product/graphics_card/zotac-geforce-gt-1030-zone-edition#spec

If this is the correct video card, then I can see the problem. That video card has a Single-Link DVI (SL-DVI-D) output. Therefore, it cannot output 1920 x 1080 @ 144Hz via DVI-D. Also, your monitor doesn't support that resolution and refresh rate via HDMI. It requires inputs of either DisplayPort or DVI-D.

The bottom line is that you will not be able to achieve 1920 x 1080 @ 144Hz with your current setup. Your final suggestion of upgrading your video card is the only option.

FirePots

Prominent
Oct 25, 2019
This adapter is for DisplayPort output (PC) to DVI input (monitor). It is not bidirectional. Why did you not connect to the monitor via Dual-Link DVI? This support 144 Hz.
I did some research and many have said it would be unreasonable to use dvi instead of display port, as well as i have tried dual link dvi but it didn't work, and the cord broke later on. (it went to 60hz only) but i'll try buying a duel link dvi and see if it works. if you can, please provide an amazon link of a dual link dvi that i may use, so that there aren't mistakes and no money is wasted.

https://www.zotac.com/us/product/graphics_card/zotac-geforce-gt-1030-zone-edition#spec

If this is the correct video card, then I can see the problem. That video card has a Single-Link DVI (SL-DVI-D) output. Therefore, it cannot output 1920 x 1080 @ 144Hz via DVI-D. Also, your monitor doesn't support that resolution and refresh rate via HDMI. It requires inputs of either DisplayPort or DVI-D.

The bottom line is that you will not be able to achieve 1920 x 1080 @ 144Hz with your current setup. Your final suggestion of upgrading your video card is the only option.

Solution

FirePots

Prominent
Oct 25, 2019

Yes that was the correct one. Thank you very much. One more thing, would the graphic card I provided the link to work for my setup? (dvi-d to dp)

Yes that was the correct one. Thank you very much. One more thing, would the graphic card I provided the link to work for my setup? (dvi-d to dp)

Yes, it should definitely work. You can either connect via DisplayPort or DVI-D to achieve 1920 x 1080 @ 144Hz. In this case, since both options are available, I agree with your previous assessment that the DisplayPort option is better than the DVI-D. No adapter is required.

FirePots

Prominent
Oct 25, 2019
Yes, it should definitely work. You can either connect via DisplayPort or DVI-D to achieve 1920 x 1080 @ 144Hz. In this case, since both options are available, I agree with your previous assessment that the DisplayPort option is better than the DVI-D. No adapter is required.
THank you so much